Friday, October 05, 2007

Back to the real world

After Spain, London was such a shock to the system, mind you I think it did actually turn into winter the day Richard arrived, when it was 6 degrees when I meet him at the airport, but it is efinitely cold now.

Apparently if this was Richards blog this entry would be dedicated to the diesel Kia, that Richard drove the remaining stuff at Nic’s house to Oxford in.

I will say for such a small car it fitted a lot for junk into it and took on the M40 motor way, very well.

There are still two boxes to unpack. (both mine) But other than that our damp little shoe box is almost there, the next place is defiantly having a bigger wardrobe.

Last Saturday, we had a little mini reunion in London as this coming weekend is my 10 year high school reunion in Australia. Ben was over so it was great to catch up again, with the rest of us who live over here full time.

Last weekend was also spent with the Oxford wife’s, kind of grateful after the previous conversion about the political situation in Jordon, though I do feel I can hold a conversation with all these Oxford MBA students and be on par. They are all very interesting to talk to most of the time and come from such diverse backgrounds, all over the world.

Richards uni course though, mega hours, crazy and so many exams. Also sounds really fun and inspiring. Maybe this will kick me into gear….

Don’t get me wrong, I do understand the importance of the political situation in Jordon, but it was late Saturday night, I had been to London all day and was just stuffed. More interested in a light hearted conversation. Very different to the conversation over lunch with Anthony, Lisa P, Ro and Ben. For those of you who know Anthony you will know what I’m talking about…

I am never quite sure what to wear to these Oxford things as smart casual is a business suit and tie. Which is completely different to the world at work and every etiquette course I have done.

No comments: