Friday, October 05, 2007

The Internet is for...

I love the Internet, I love that feeling of being in touch with the world 24/7. I also love hearing about all the cool new stuff and hearing what the latest tech geeks had to say about what the next Internet BIG idea is. But everything always seemed to be at 3 am for Australia.

I also worked out that I wanted to be in this team, the people in this team where the best of the best, they where the Internet Gods.

So I set up meetings with VPs and directors asked them for feedback on what I needed to do to achieve my goal. Set out action steps with small mini goals along the way. I showed my CV to any one and everyone and asked them to spell check it, provide feed back and more “IT” words. I spent hours on the phone to my Nana practice for Interviews. And then I looked for “ME” jobs and I applied. Lets face it I even went all the way to the best place on earth Manhattan to network.

And now I have that Job, I am in “The Team” and the cool Tech geeks come and speak to us face to face in fung swa rooms. (mind you, you still can’t get a glass of water if its not in a designated break in this crazy land)

This cool Tech geek, who among other things, won an award for top 50 - best Interactive Marketing campaign in the world, told me the most important thing in the world is to be in love.

Damm maybe I should of just stayed in Australia?


Nar….


: )

No comments: