Well I am actually getting to see some of London, finally.
On Friday night I went out with a Girlfriend from work and did Jack the Ripper tour. The lady giving the tour is writing a book on the subject and has been researching it for 18 years. Even though it does n’t get dark here till after 9.45 pm I was still a little scared plus as it was on the boarder of white chapel I was worried about getting mugged.
But I do want to go out to dinner in Brick Land and experience how multicultural London really is. (We did walk down Brick Lane as part of the tour)
Today I went for a really long walk around Oxford; it really is a very nice area. The slow pace, everything green, being near the water and the missing smell of London pollution.
To break with tradition I had a good chat with an old English couple who live on the Thames but are currently stuck in Oxford as they can’t get up the river due to the flooding.
There was still a lot of water over a number of paddocks. The Horses I did see seemed to be in higher ground paddocks. But there where sand bags in sections over town and you could see some water lines on the buildings.
I still did mange to chat to some Americans, because for some reason I don’t seem to be able to go anywhere without doing that even if it is just Cambridge or another country.
Maybe we will have to start check these of our lists of wired things to do instead of checking out toilets’:-
http://things.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=280815
Saturday, August 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Karen, definitely should eat dinner at Brick Lane!
And they recommend to watch From Hell (starring hottie Johnny Depp), as it's based on Jack the Ripper. I got an off-duty Beefeater doing my JTR tour, very cool!
Post a Comment