Monday, August 13, 2007

Sunday Stroll

Sunday
Started with a very yummy Breakfast at this Kitsch little coffee shop that one of the guys from work told me about (http://www.debakkerswinkel.nl/) (little bit of NY to it : ) always a happy bunny when I get good quality coffee first thing in the morning. They don’t do Lattés like Australia, Italy, London or Paris but their cappuccino Yum!

Next stop the fake beach (was interested to see how it compared to South Bank) (fake beach in QLD, Australia) (http://www.strand-zuid.nl/) Free – tick, Hot chicks in Bikinis very big tick, White sand tick, friendly, outdoor area tick, water…. No thanks. Maybe if I wanted to go rowing and put a fishing line in??









Next stop MAC Bike to hire a bike.(every where I read – 750,000 people in Amsterdam and 600,000 bikes) The country side was wonderful, old hundred year old farm houses, green paddock, after green paddock, 1/20th the number of people as the city, swans, ducks, ducklings – fluffy and cute, horses, more dogs, sheep found myself two Dykes (windmills) (Extra tick), lovely large canal – but I could n’t help thinking yes this is all great but in 6 weeks time this is my backyard. Ok Oxford doe n’t have Dykes but it has the rest and if I really want I can go bike riding down the Thames in Oxford and watch the river, the horses, the ducks, and the Swans. Guess we will see…

No comments: