Monday, August 13, 2007

Saturday

After Chocolate my favourite food is Garlic, (yes technically it’s a herb) anyway the Netherlands apparently has great cheese – well it has even better Garlic cheese – yummy! (Sorry everyone - chance of it making it back to London – negative 100) The one thing I really wanted to do was go to and see the Anne Frank Huis, I got there and the line was just amazing not as bad as the Eiffel tower on New Years day, but I left. Next stop I had to check out the shops, price wise OK, but nothing great like Prague, Portugal or New York. But I would come back here to go shopping because there are so many shops that we don’t have in London and you could get some really great stuff that no one else has plus the fact that its Euros always good. Nothing better than spending a few hours on a Saturday looking at Van Gogh work (http://www.vangoghmuseum.nl/) I paid the 4 Euros extra and did the audio, figured I should get the most out of it. I did enjoy hearing about his life and how his talent grew; they did repeat some things a few times, but on the whole pretty good. Next back to Anne Frank – the line was half as long so in the end it was only 30 mins in the queue and then over an hour going through the house – very glad I got to do this. For dessert on Saturday night I went to the Australian Shop and had homemade Ice Cream, did I miss something ?? Since when did we start selling Home Made Australian Ice – very yummy but I’m not sure it was Australian.??? Could be up there with the Kangaroo brand of clothing – Maybe its Austrian????




No comments: