Tuesday, June 05, 2007

UNO

After a night of no sleep on the water Bed though not its fault, I don’t think I had eaten enough, so I made sure I ate a cake (minimum at least 1 )
with every meal.

I set off to visit UNO City – to do a United Nations tour, on the way I was thinking perhaps this could be my next goal to visit all of the UN Buildings and since I have already done NY, really only Geneva to go, but on the tour I learnt about Nairobi, so I might have to re think that. I did learn that there are 192 Counties?? In the UN and the only one not to be a full member is the Vatican. Unfortunately counties like Taiwan for example are n’t members so can’t vote, but are allowed to speak and provide input as they are not independent from China, there are a few more e.g. some that are n’t independent from the US… and hence why their are only 193.

While waiting for the plan I was thinking have I really not had enough sleep or why do they have chairs on the walls??

Getting off the plane in London I managed to find another poor American with the blue box on his hat, how could I not chat to him, I was then stuck in front of him in the customs line for 82 mins (poor guy) till I was eventually allowed to go ahead as I am a uk Resident and he was stuck in the line.

(In case you don't know this has become my number #1 hobby chatting poor Americans to death)

No comments: