I’m not so sure why I was going crazy in the hotel, but I am defiantly a lot happier in the Apartment. Its in Mayfair, I can still walk to work, I just walk up Bond St, if I get to Jimmy Choo then I know I have walked to far, pretty much across the road is Stella McCartney and around the other corner is Bentley and a few others. Clearly all expensive cars, I can tell by their size, my most impractical hand bags are the smallest and prettiest, but cost way to much, so clearly these are expensive.
So I have moved into my serviced apartment and well it does n’t have a few things, most of these I have picked up at Sainsbury’s, except a tea towel. So while at Sainsbury’s I explained to the cashier that I needed a tea towel, clearly I was speaking French, so I explained that I wanted a cloth that after you had washed dishes, you dried them with this, still blank looks I asked if he new where I could buy one? He told me he didn’t know what I was talking about.
(After my New York trip and having to translate between two American’s, I was feeling frustrated)
Next stop Boots,(Pharmacy) (no shortage of these in London) you can walk 100 meters in every direction and you can hit a Boots and a star bucks, unless your in Mayfair then its about every 20 meters between star bucks. So I explained to the Girls what I was after they told me that while they did n’t sell them I would be able to pick one up across the road at Selfridges and Co. (Now I know your wondering how I had walked by this shop a thousand times and not realised what it was, because it had no label, just looked like a make up shop and I am geographical challenged). So off I go, up five flights of escalators to the Home wares. I ask the lady at the counter and she takes me to the spot on the wall, but they have sold out??? I asked the lady have you really sold out??? She said yes. Any idea when you will have more in? No.
Ok??
So I give up and go home to get ready for my Saturday night out on the town with a girl friend from the Pharmacy. We went to a nice Belgium restaurant, over dinner I explained my challenge of having no tea towel. She explains that in London they simply just run out of things.
So after an email to the girls at work, today at lunch time the Girls took me to House of Fraser and I am now the proud owner of two tea towels. : )
And just incase you are wondering, the Apartment is going well, I am enjoying the food that I am cooking as I am no longer living off take out. I’m livng in Mayfair o and just as well my sister didn’t axe my sleeping bag inner sheet and just as well I went for the satin one. : ) Could n’t really live in a serviced apartment in Mayfair with a cotton one. Apparently this is some weird UK thing where they don’t have a top sheet, just a bottom one with a dooner and dooner cover, but it’s a bit warm for that so am sticking to the inner sheet. : )
Love you Mayfair friend
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment